Friday, November 18, 2011

PC Linux vs Windows

       Ok. I am going to be talking about the differences between Linux and Windows operating systems. I for one love linux. First of all it is totally free. Unlike Windows that cost from $60.00 - $100.00. Now you might be asking then why wouldn't companies just use linux right? Well, all thought it is free there is a lot of commands that you need to know. Windows is more User Friendly. So that is what you are paying for. But if you have time I would recommend tinkering with Linux in a virtual environment. I would recommend using VMWorkstation. It is easy to setup and easy to delete if you mess up. Then get a book or search Linux for beginners. It is worth it. I have been using linux for about a year now and i love it. It has so much power. I can do anything that Windows can but it is faster and more secure. When I mean that it is more secure is that it is harder to get virus' and harder for hackers to get into your personal data. But what I did was I set up a Dual Boot on my computer and i have a VMWorkstation on computer. Ok let me explain that better. On my computer I have Windows and Linux that i can choose from to boot. And on my Windows i also have the software VMWorkstation. It is like having a computer on your computer. It is neat. But you might want to use VMWorkstation when you first learn Linux because if put in the wrong line of code you might be finding yourself going nuts. And all you would have to do is load up a snap shot of your Virtual Linux and it is good as new and it is faster then reinstalling everything as well. If you need any help Just leave a comment and i will be sure to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment